Test Engineer Intern
Newport News, VA
The Engineering Intern performs basic engineering functions in support of mining equipment.
- Works with the Engineering staff on projects outlined in the individualized intern training plan.
- Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Current active student in good standing who has completed 60 hours towards a related Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, CAD drafting tools or drafting equipment and software.
- Ability to identify components of truck systems including drive systems, control systems, hydraulic systems, and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of design and installation and the ability to assist others in the installation, testing and analysis of components or complete machines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.