LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
- Support a project team analyzing system-support supply chains (including purchasing, inventory management, maintenance, and distribution) in government organizations such as the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Conduct background research, client interviews, and fact-finding.
- Perform analyses using large-scale, in-house logistics databases.
- Perform analyses using analytical and simulation models of supply chains.
- Study and analyze the supply chains supporting weapons and other complex systems.
- Be an integral member of a project team and, in successive rotations, accept increasing responsibility.
- Under the guidance of a mentor, complete both on-the-job and formal job-specific training.
- Must be able to work full-time during the 2021 Fall semester.
- Must be a candidate for an undergraduate degree (in operations research, industrial engineering, logistics, systems engineering, applied mathematics, supply chain management, economics, or a related major).
- Must have declared a major.
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or better (copies of unofficial transcripts are required).
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Be available for occasional travel.
- Other Information:
- Co-Ops will need to provide their own transportation to and from work and locate and arrange for their own housing (if applicable).
- All Co-Op positions at LMI are paid positions.