Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Quality Assurance Engineer Interns will have the potential to use automation and agile methodologies to provide functional, regression, sanity and integration testing, defect tracking and resolution, and assistance for User Acceptance Testing. As a QA Intern you will support functional testing procedures for an ongoing program/project including Test Automation. Have responsibility for planning, developing, and executing tests for complex systems and equipment. This individual will collaborate with various teams across IT to identify the impacts of test requirements and improve the overall quality of the final deliverables.
The intern for this role should be ready to take initiative, bring ideas to implement modern technologies and solutions.
The Main Responsibilities
• Analyze new features to the product based on functional and design specifications, recommending appropriate test strategies
• Creation of Functional / End to End / Solution Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports utilized by local, remote, external, and offshore testing teams
• Responsible to test all aspects of Software Testing – Planning, Creating & Executing Manual and Automated Test activities in an Agile environment.
• Work closely with Customer Service and Beta teams by assisting with customer escalations and reproduction of issues.
• Use of defect tracking tools to log, manage, resolve, and report on bugs/defects.
• Track & analyze test results and work closely with the developers to isolate and reproduce defects.
• Gather and analyze software quality and performance metrics throughout the software development life cycle
• Collaborate with various teams across IT to identify the impacts of test requirements and improve the overall quality of the final deliverables.
• Contribute towards continual process improvement.
• Partner with various aspects of software development activities to gain exposure to other roles.
• Actively participate in the process improvements to enhance best practices for quality assurance.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
o Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field equivalent experience.
Proficiency and understanding of;
o Exposure to programming languages like JAVA, C, C++ and SQL.
o Exposure to quality assurance testing tools.
o Exposure or Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior driven development (BDD)
o Understanding of Agile methodology
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative
o Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
o Flexible and adapts well to change
o A curious mindset with a solutions orientation
o The position is work from home
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
o US work authorization