Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, the Intern will work collaboratively within our development team supporting our Quantum Fiber application. Given the unique aspects of this platform, the intern will spend their first 2 weeks, learning the application and related technologies. The intern will then be given the potential to work cross-functionally on 3 different aspects of the application: front-end development, back-end development, and DevOps. You will need to possess basic development skills with a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies
- Research production defects and/or user stories in SFDC and GCP
- Design, develop, test fixes for defects
- Push code fixes to code repository and have fixes promoted to higher environments
- Update status of issues in Jira
What We Look For in a Candidate
- In pursuit of degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, as a rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
Proficiency and understanding of
- referred technical skills: experience with SalesForce, Lightning Design System framework , Apex, Process Builders, Jenkins, Github, Vlocity Integration Procedures, Java 11.0, GCP, Apigee, Google Cloud Platform. Experience with Agile software development lifecycles.
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield, CO, Littleton, CO, Monroe, LA or may consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!