Summary of the Position
Mandli Communications is a technological leader in providing mobile 3-D imaging and pavement data collection services within the North American transportation market. Using cutting edge technology and our own proprietary software, we design and implement solutions meeting the needs of a rapidly growing set of partners and customers.
Technological innovation is our passion! We offer a collaborative, open work environment that encourages creativity and skill development. Be a part of our growing and fun technology company in the Madison, WI area.
We are hiring an Electrical/Computer Engineer to be a part of our Technology team. As an Electrical/Computer Engineer you will design, develop, test, and support solutions as a part of the Mandli Communications, Inc. Technology Department. You will work closely with senior engineers and product specialists to refine customer requirements and implement functionality for hardware applications that help our customers gather, process, and analyze transportation infrastructure information. You will leverage a passion for learning new and exciting technologies, and an ability to adapt to different technical environments to bring cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Work with software and engineering teams to design, develop, and test firmware for various embedded systems used in Mandlis mobile data collection systems. Work with software and engineering teams to design, develop, and test mixed signal hardware including component selection, schematic capture, and PCB layout. Design and implement tests to qualify embedded systems for production operation. Develop embedded FPGA, Microcontroller, and Single Board Computer firmware, and OS drivers, using VHDL/Verilog, Assembly, C, C++. Write documentation including technical specifications, block diagrams, manufacturing and operations instructions. Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelors degree is required in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related Field.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Desire to learn selection and use of FPGAs, DSPs, microcontrollers, and their peripheral circuitry.
- Desire to learn architecting, developing, and verifying embedded systems software.
- Desire to learn embedded Swift, C/C++, Assembly Language, VHDL/Verilog, Python, and common embedded protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, JTAG, CAN, USB, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Desire to learn end-to-end PCB design specification, architecture, design, simulation, layout, plane definition, EMC optimization, thermal management, prototyping, validation and manufacturing.
- Experience with power storage, switched mode power conversion, power semiconductors, their gate drive and protection circuitry.
- Exposure to basic EE tools (oscilloscopes, DMMs, etc.)
- General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls.
- Exposure to embedded programming of microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs for real time applications.
- Desire to learn Embedded Hardware Architectures such as Apple Silicon (M1, M2) Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
- Exposure to Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SSL, SNMP, VNC, NTP
- Desire to learn Linux device drivers and kernel modules.
- Desire to work with complex automotive/electromechanical systems such as electric/autonomous vehicles, DC storage, solar power, and DC-DC converters.
- Desire to learn advanced sensor systems such as LiDAR, RADAR, cameras, inertial navigation systems, and global navigation satellite systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D