The Markham Group is seeking a highly skilled individual to fill our internship position in a fast-pace event consulting firm. The candidate must have strong organizational and logistical skills, as well as impressive interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic. The Markham Group is a full-service public affairs, issue advocacy and event firm serving Fortune 500 companies, associations, and nonprofit foundations from around the world.
This position will provide sales support and information to assist the operations team focused on transferring our client and opportunities tracking to Salesforce. It will involve researching best practices of Salesforce CRM software, suggesting how to complement company processes with Salesforce functionality, and implementing approved processes. Specific responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Input potential client and opportunities data into Salesforce
- Work with and report to internal Salesforce Admins and users
- Learn and analyze current Salesforce functionality at Markham Group
- Research best practices and utilization of Salesforce
- Recommend strategies for enhancing Markham Group’s use of Salesforce
- Analyze, interpret, and distill data to provide valuable and actionable information
- Create reports and charts in Salesforce to analyze business trends
- Assist in training others on using Salesforce
- Communicate the data driven findings into insights for stakeholders who may not have a background in interpreting data
Salesforce experience is a plus
Ability to interpret and communicate data
Experience in creating business processes
Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and, Excel are a must
Interest in a career in public policy, political campaigns, and/or event planning
Hospitality, Events and/or Customer Service Background
Excellent written and verbal skills
Professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
Well organized with an eye for detail
Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Ability to work well under minimal supervision
Ability to work on multiple projects at one time in an efficient manner
Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Available to work overtime and weekends
This is a paid, part-time internship with the opportunity to pick up more hours outside business hours and on the weekends. $15 per hour.
The application period for the Spring 2022 Internship Program is now open, and we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The dates of the summer program will begin mid-late January and will end late May, with some flexibility. Applicants who are available to work in-person are preferred over virtual.
To apply please complete the online application (cover letter – including your hours of availability for the semester, resume, and two references) by Monday October 25, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; no calls or office visits, please.