Implementation Technologist – Greenville, MS
This position will be the R&D lead for implementing new products, packaging, processes, and raw materials on site. To accomplish this, this role will collaborate with the Centre of Excellence teams to ensure the successful transfer of specifications. This position will also work closely with the site operations and quality teams to implement process improvement initiatives and with engineering resources for all capital projects to ensure that standards are met.
What we are looking for:
• BS Degree in Food Safety, Engineering or relevant field of study
• 1+ years of experience in a Food Manufacturing environment working in Quality, Food Safety, Engineering or Product/Process Development
• Working knowledge of food processing and packaging technology
• Green Belt Certification
• Implementation & validation of Ingredients, Products, Processes, Packaging through HO1 and HO2 at External Manufacturers
• Implementation and maintenance of all specifications (SOP’s) for raws, recipes, process and packaging
• R&D Level 2 Troubleshooting to resolve quality issues (e.g., supply level 1)
• Continuous Product and Process Improvement in collaboration with site Q&FS and Supply
What can you expect from Mars?
• The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
• An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
• To be respected and valued.
• The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
• The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Mars, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Mars) do not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Mars and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Mars will be deemed the sole property of Mars and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Mars.