This posting is for Mars Wrigley Engineering.
The Mars Internship Experience Program combines diverse experiences and continuous learning for students with an investment in you that’s personalized to you. Your team will guide you through our learn-on-the-job environment as you develop the ability to apply new skills to future challenges. Humble-and-hungry students will quickly find that our unique culture grows the person, as well as the professional, and opens up opportunities to be one of our top full time associates to explore many distinct careers as a leader across functions, segments and geographies within our purpose-led global organization.
If you’ve set your sights on development, the Mars Internship Experience is a great place to start. The Mars Internship Experience is a 10-12 week summer program providing excellent depth of experience with various real world Mars projects. You will also have exciting professional and social engagement activities throughout the experience that provide opportunities to network with your Intern peers all the way up to senior leaders. The challenges are real and impactful; and will stretch you like never before. It’s a high-powered story, right from the start!
As an Engineering Intern, these are some examples of the types of projects you may take on during the summer:
- Lead a cross functional team in the development of a Food Processing or Packaging Improvement Project
- Analyze data and develop ways to reduce waste in packaging and processing systems
- Be a key member of a cross functional team in the development and execution of product line or flavor extension (new production lines / high automation)
- Project lead for continuous improvement initiatives in a confectionery plant
- Project lead for a safety or quality food safety project focused on hazard and risk mitigation (manage scope / schedule/ budget)
What we’re looking for:
- We are looking for humble and hungry, agile students who have a drive for results, a desire to learn, and who can quickly build relationships.
- We are looking for students who are passionate about engineering and the consumer products industry
- Desired majors include: Chemical or Industrial Engineering majors
- Students will intern the summer prior to their final graduation date (typically rising seniors)
- We have internship opportunities in the Chicago area, New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas, and Georgia. Please indicate on your resume your location preference(s).
- Open to students legally authorized to work in the U.S., without the need for current or future work status authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug & background screening
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.