At MassDOT, transportation is not about roads and bridges, or trains and buses – it is about people. Our mission begins with customers – individuals, businesses, municipalities, and regional transit agencies. We support programs and projects that deliver a high return on investment. We partner with municipalities, public agencies, and private sector businesses. MassDOT supports the economic, quality of life, and environmental goals of the Commonwealth.
This internship is for the Summer of 2021 and it runs from June through August of 2021.
The MassDOT Rail and Transit Division oversees the Commonwealth’s 15 Regional Transit Authorities, MassDOT’s freight and passenger rail program and works closely with the MBTA. The Rail & Transit Intern will work the Manager of Transit Programs and the Transit Project Manager to support a variety of initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with the analysis of transit project data, including ridership reports for intercity bus transportation, transportation services for seniors and persons with disabilities, commuter bus, and other modes.
- Assisting with the update and maintenance of transit asset database of MassDOT funded vehicles awarded or leased to third parties.
- Assisting with the monitoring certain transportation services through GPS location, Automatic Passenger Counters, and published schedules.
- Supporting staff in preparing and running meetings for the Regional Transit Task Force.
- Assisting in gathering and analyzing data for Regional Transit Agency performance measures.
- Monitoring and handling email correspondence for the rural transportation technical assistance program.
- Draft materials and communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Graduate students enrolled in a related programs such as Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography, or Public Policy.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and other planning and transportation analytical tools is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong skills using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
- Must be enrolled in a full time bachelor’s or graduate program for Fall 2021.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call Interim ADA Coordinator, Derrick Mann – (857) 368‐8541.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.