At MassDOT, transportation is not about what it is – trains, roads, bridges – transportation is important for what it does – it gets people where they need to go and connects them to people and places. Providing mobility options is critical to support the safety, mobility and accessibility, equity, health and wellness, economic, climate and environmental goals of the Commonwealth.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Mobility in the MassDOT Secretary’s Office, the Sustainable Mobility Intern will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of projects. The responsibilities in this position are extremely varied, with many different topics and types of tasks depending on priority projects, experience and interest. A successful applicant needs to be very detail-oriented, independent, proactive, and organized. A major focus in 2021 is safety, safe systems, and mobility justice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support policy development and execution strategies
- Conduct research through online, in person and phone, and be able to synthesize information to inform projects.
- Coordinate meetings with internal colleagues and external partners from various disciplines to help advance work
- Draft communications for meetings, webinars, and public events
- Participate in internal and external meetings and events
- Support the day-to-day work of the Director of Sustainable Mobility
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a small and collaborative team environment.
- Solution-oriented attitude, with excellent time management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in communications a plus.
- Experience and interest in transit or transportation a plus.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com .
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Must be enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program for Fall 2021.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call
Interim ADA Coordinator, Derrick Mann – (857) 368‐8541.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.