Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 24, 2021, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
We are currently hiring for a full stack Engineering Intern with strong skills in UI engineering to help Medidata create amazing, cloud-based, high quality, high performing web applications for our core platform offerings. The software you will create will be used to help our clients create life changing drugs and medical devices.
Your primary responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with React.js, Ruby, MySQL, and Amazon Web Services.
- You will have great verbal and written communication skills and a desire to learn!
- Work with a team of engineers, testers and business analysts to build next generation web applications
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings
- Be a problem solver – find creative solutions for tough problems.
- Experience with front-end technologies React.js and Redux
- Experience with backend technologies Ruby and Rails a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services API
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Good knowledge of git and git-flow
- Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments
- Can thrive working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product and engineering managers, UI engineers, and UX designers, in an agile environment
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Coursework in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience building web applications using React.js
- Experience with Redux a plus.
Why you will enjoy working with us:
- Great company culture: Recognised on the list for Best Workplaces 2020 from Great Place to Work; D&I Leadership Council; Countless Business Resource Groups; unforgettable (live and virtual!) summer and winter parties!
- Wide ranging benefits include private health & dental care, gym subsidy, pension, Cycle to Work scheme
- Hugely supportive with Mental Health and broader Wellbeing; you will have access to multiple tools and resources. We have Mental Health First Aiders at all levels across the teams
- Continuous professional development & training
Read more about our Culture and Offices around the world here: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/medidataCheck out a quick story about Fatima, who started with us after graduation and now works as an Implementation Consultant in California!
The company places a high value on learning and trying new things. Medidata encourages employees to learn from their mistakes and failures at work. There is no culture of blame and no fear of failure.
We are looking for candidates that want to move forward and live life with a growth mindset; always learning to benefit themselves and our teams – innovative thinkers who would rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
We ask our candidates to share life and professional experiences that demonstrate our core principles; Integrity, Inventiveness, Tenacity, Partnership, Inclusiveness, Nimbleness, Caring, Humility, and these answers are our deciding factors to invite our candidates to join the Medidata team and strengthen our culture.
Diversity is our Foundation!
Diversity & Belonging are embedded in our culture. To learn more visit https://www.medidata.com/en/diversity-and-inclusion
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities