With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
The Sourcing Intern will work directly with full-time associates and senior managers in managing multiple projects associated with procuring Medline product to fulfill its business model and meet the needs of the customer. Medline’s Kitting Sourcing Department has opportunities, which can expose you to Global Sourcing, Indirect Spend Management, National Brand Vendor Management, Product Category Management, or Sourcing for our own Medline Brands. In this role, you can expect to learn about cost management and supplier relationship management (SRM).
Possible projects could include:
- Management of a product category and related suppliers, leveraging product expertise to ensure Medline has the correct product assortment from the correct sources both domestic and international at advantageous terms.
- Develop a business case to source a new Medline Brand item
- Negotiate with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure the Medline has the best costs on goods and services needed to maintain and develop our Operations.
- Communicate with suppliers to procure new products, engage in price negotiations, finalize supplier agreements, vendor early pay and freight terms.
- Develop product mix shift strategies, align product details for sales conversion, or identify long term product shortages for sourcing solutions.
- Business related majors with analytical focus preferred (Supply Chain, Analytics, Finance)
- Engineering majors will also be considered
- Junior standing with 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Detail oriented with superior organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong business acumen
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization