As of today, we expect that our winter-spring 2022 analyst interns will join us remotely, working from home along with the rest of our team, until we are able to return to our offices. If we are able to reopen our offices in a timely manner, analyst interns will have the opportunity to join us in our New Orleans or to continue working remotely from home.
We are looking for a winter-spring analyst (intern) to join our New Orleans office. This is a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the world of global energy trading and risk management at a highly regarded firm.
As an analyst intern, you will:
- Acquire significant knowledge across multiple energy commodity markets products including crude oil, electricity, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products, while working closely with our global team
- Work on the development and implementation of sophisticated quantitative applications, models and tools
- Interact with senior members of our team and clients
- Have a high level of responsibility and be empowered to make important contributions
We believe Mercatus Energy Advisors is an ideal place to begin a career. We make a strong commitment to intern development and will provide significant opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and responsibility. While our culture is intellectually challenging, it is also very collegial and enjoyable.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current undergraduate student
- Must be on track to graduate between May 2022 – May 2024
- A track record of strong academic performance
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Ability to work at least 12 hours per week during the spring semester
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week during the winter break (preferred but not required)
- Possess a strong work ethic and be able to learn quickly in a brisk paced environment
- Advanced aptitude for problem solving and multitasking
- Detail oriented, organized, diligent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build solutions to complex analytical challenges and communicate (in writing and verbally) with a sophisticated, global institutional client base
- Strong understanding of economics, finance, mathematics, probability, statistics or a related field
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word