Our Reston office is seeking talented programmers with strong computer science, math, and/or physics backgrounds for complex and challenging projects. As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for writing software that incorporates probabilistic models of physical systems. Project teams range from 2 to 20 people, and include a mix of Research Scientists and Software Engineers. Each team member is involved in the entire problem-solving process, from initial concept through data visualization and analysis, algorithm design, exploratory prototyping, software implementation, demonstration, and deployment. Roles within a team are flexible, giving employees space to contribute in their areas of strength, and to develop new skills. The ideal candidate has experience writing well-designed, maintainable, and extensible code.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Math, or related field
- Experience writing algorithmic code, including complexity analysis, performance optimization, and multithreading
- Math background including Probability/Statistics, Linear Algebra, Multivariate Calculus
- Ability to communicate design concepts and performance metrics clearly
- US CITIZENSHIP (successful candidates will undergo background check for Secret Clearance)
- Java programming experience
- Experience with additional languages including TypeScript, Go, Clojure, Scala, Kotlin, Python, Matlab, R, Julia, C, C++, Zig, Rust, Haskell, Erlang, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces
- OpenGL and/or WebGL experience
Position Location: Reston, VA
Metron is requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to entering our workplaces. We allow for religious and medical accommodations. This position will require the employee to work at a physical office location or enter customer site frequently. Metron follows the CDC and OSHA guidance for workplace safety. We also listen to our employees so as to create a safe and workable office environment for everyone. If you have any questions about the safety precautions we are taking, we encourage you to ask during the interview process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor