As Miami’s Director, Business Intelligence Team, you will be a guiding visionary for the University data strategy and hold key managerial responsibilities for our Business Intelligence Team.
As our Director, you will be responsible for building new and strengthening existing bridges with multi-campus wide diverse organizations and internationally with our facility in Luxembourg. Your success will be built on leading your team in creating and maintaining well defined, properly governed, mission critical data accessible dashboards, reports, and self-driven query tools that support institutional decision making and student success. Miami is ready to take its next big step forward into a shared and well governed data environment which unifies multiple successful data-driven business intelligence and data analysis efforts across campus. This could be your opportunity to help build out our foundations to Miami’s data-driven future.
The Director, Business Intelligence Team reports to the Assistant Vice President: Solution Delivery and is part of the Solution Delivery leadership team and is responsible for the day-to-day successful operation of our central BI Team.
Blending both strategic and tactical thinking the Director, Business Intelligence Team will be a change agent, catalyst, mentor, data analyst, leader and visionary by:
- Leading and developing the BI Team
- Improve the BI Team analytical and data science capabilities in support of the University mission.
- Support BI efforts by engaging in an ongoing dialogue with data owners to foster a unified understanding of the campus data and analytics challenges and opportunities.
- Continuously assessing and implementing enhancements to the university’s data architecture, data governance practices, data structures, and relevant technical tools and applications.
- Building relationships with partners, facilitating dialogue and assisting in the crafting means to make data accessible, consumable and usable to the University community.
- Lead in partnership with the information security office to establish consistent, modern, and flexible criteria for appropriate data access policies and use.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Systems Analysis, Data Analytics or related field earned by date of hire and a minimum of four years experience as an accountable entity for a data centric service or team.
· Demonstrated experience with and an understanding of the principles supporting institutional data governance, data integrity, data management and supporting technologies, processes, tools and techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to define team goals and initiatives and oversee the development of long-term team and campus plans and proposals.
· Demonstrated ability to be a coach and mentor to team members.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Master’s degree in Information Systems, Systems Analysis, Data Analytics or related field by date of hire and seven plus years of experience as an accountable entity for a data centric service or team.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate a broad range of sensitive interpersonal and inter organizational situations at a team and campus level with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
· Broad experience with supporting data analytical environments and the underlying technical needs.
· Demonstrated understanding of Industry-standard data models such as Kimball’s dimensional model.
· Worked with or has been trained in the concepts behind Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics, model creation and training, and the design and use of data transformation and reporting.
· Certification or training in an Agile methodology.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.