Michael Best Strategies (“Strategies”) is seeking a Scholars Intern for our Washington, DC office. Scholars Interns will have the opportunity to broaden their understanding of how government policy impacts business. The Scholars Intern will learn about the relationship between business and government and the importance of a business’ representation before the legislative and executive branches of the government. Working in tandem with our strategists, the Scholars Intern will represent Michael Best Strategies to the public, the policy community, clients, and potential clients.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work directly with Michael Best strategists to provide research and reports for existing and potential clients, and the competitive landscape
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting clients and prospects
- Conduct public policy research and analysis
- Track and analyze legislation
- Assist with outreach and promotion using social media tools
- Assist with tasks related to event coordination
- Compile and distribute documents/reports/memos
- Attend hearings/briefings related to the organization’s interests
- Assist with special projects and general office duties as assigned
- Ability to work 16-40 hours a week
- Demonstrated academic competence (3.3 GPA or higher)
- Preferred majors include: government, political science, and public policy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, and Outlook, is beneficial, but not necessary
- Demonstrated, first-rate communication skills and the ability to inform and educate via written, oral and visual media
- Social media and research skills are a must
- Innovative and driven self-starter with problem solving ability who works well with others
- Outstanding verbal communication
- A strong interest in public speaking and media
- Knowledge of government and public policy as evidenced by coursework completed
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks under deadline
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal. Please contact our Recruiting Coordinator, Regina Kautzer (email@example.com) with any questions.
We are not accepting search firm submissions at this time.
Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Michael Best Strategies LLC, and Michael Best Consulting LLC (collectively known as “Michael Best”) are steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at 414.225.4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.