Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Function)
The purpose of the engineering internship position is to develop college students that are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and activities that occur within the utility business. Interns will have the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in college and demonstrate abilities in the work place. The position is temporary, nonexempt, part-time/hourly.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Apply engineering principles and ability to the planning, design, and construction of project additions to MidAmerican Energy Company’s energy supply system under the guidance of qualified engineering staff.
Provide basic technical project management for phases of a project including scheduling, design, estimates, engineering specifications, drawings, materials procurement, construction contracts, project cost forecasting, and stakeholder communications.
- Must be a college student, sophomore or higher standing, currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in engineering.
- Must be able to work May – August 2021.
- Prior utility or energy industry experience helpful.
- Software skills needed to be used in extracting information from various sources, conducting analysis and assisting workforce to achieve goals.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.