Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tour Outfitter is seeking a qualified person to take on our Moab, UT maintenance. The ideal candidate is someone with experience working on all kinds of rafting equipment, knows how to patch boats, is mechanically inclined, experience with carpentry and woodwork, experience with marine motors both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. This is a full-time position for the season with longer hours and a bigger workload on either end of the season. There is more work to be done on the gear before we open and after we close to ensure it is properly maintained. During the season you would be responsible for keeping all equipment in good working order as well as keeping the warehouse clean and organized and keeping track of tools and other items. This position works primarily with the Moab team but works closely with both our Operations teams in Durango, CO and Moab, UT.
Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours has been the Southwest’s adventure and whitewater experts for over 25 years. Started by Molly & Alex Mickel, Mild to Wild has grown from a small booth in downtown Durango, to running trips all over Arizona, Utah, & Colorado. With the addition of Adventure Bound USA in 2018, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours expanded to open an office in Moab, UT, and run multi-day trips on legendary river sections such as Gates of Lodore, Yampa, Desolation Canyon, & Cataract Canyon. Mild to Wild is thrilled to carry on the nearly 70 year legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions. Our mission is to enrich our guests’ lives with an escape in the outdoors creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the maintenance & repair of all overnight rafting gear, vehicles, and equipment. This includes camping gear, tents, stoves, hypalon, PVC boats, oars, tables, motors, frames, and much more.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the warehouse.
- The ideal candidate is someone with experience working on all kinds of rafting equipment, knows how to patch boats, is mechanically inclined, experience with carpentry and woodwork, experience with marine motors both 2-stroke and 4-stroke.
- Must have good craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills.
- Willingness to help out when needed and lend a hand during rigs and de-rigs.
- Someone who not only wants to fix something but wants it to last and perform well in the field.
- Hire start date as early as March with a commitment through at least November 1st (Hire and end dates are flexible to accommodate school scheduled).
- This is a full-time seasonal position with longer hours in Spring and Fall for prep and cleanup.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay is dependent on experience.
- Join in the fun and go along Mild to Wild adventures.
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth.
- Access to pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear.
- Background in river running is a plus, but not required.