The Program: We created the Morningstar Summer Internship Program for college students entering their final year as a first step towards successful, long-term careers in any professional field. Participants will contribute to different aspects of Morningstar’s business through ten-week- individual and group projects, learning about the financial services and securities industries and gaining critical business development skills. You will also receive hands-on mentoring from your colleagues and the Talent & Culture team to help you succeed at Morningstar.
The Role: The Morningstar Summer Internship Program is accepting applicants graduating in 2023. We are looking for students in all fields of study with a demonstrated interest in investing and the financial services industry. Successful applicants will be assigned meaningful work suitable for their background. The program advisors and mentors will meet with you regularly to identify and develop your summer goals. Summer interns have the opportunity to apply directly to the Morningstar Development Program after graduation. All positions are based in our Chicago office.
• Address a specific Morningstar business problem through thoughtful research, analysis, and creative thinking in an individual project.
• Collaborate on a ten-week-long group case study and present the results to senior leaders, stakeholders, and managers.
• Participate in training sessions with Morningstar employees across the company spectrum, building a foundation of knowledge to develop throughout your Morningstar career.
• An outstanding academic record.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt well to different situations and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program, graduating in the spring or summer of 2023.
- A resume is required to apply. **Please be sure to include the word “Resume” in the name of the resume you upload to your application on the front page.
- A cover letter is required to apply. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter. Please indicate your earliest available start date and cumulative GPA in your required cover letter. **Please note: You will not be able to upload a cover letter on the first page of your application with your resume, however, you are able to add it as an attachment on the “My Experience” page under Resume/CV by clicking “Upload.” **Additionally, please be sure to include the words “Cover Letter” in the name of the document you upload to your application