Are you passionate about Mapping and GIS Data? Do you have an eye for innovative design? How about Surveying? Motivf is looking for candidates who embrace hard work and seek to develop their geospatial skills through a high energy collaborative environment. Interns will have project based work that involves the analysis and mapping of various businesses. The interns must have a strong and consistent work ethic and desire to efficiently work on a team. This internship is unpaid, but eligible for course credit or professional experience. (Contract work will be compensated.)
· Geo-modeling, spatial analysis, base map elements and presentation map creation
· Determining the positions of points on the surface and below the earth and measure the distances, directions, angles, and elevations between them.
· Producing cross-tabulations and conducts a basic statistical analysis of datasets
· Preparing templates, data schemas, collection application and surveys
· Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources
· Creating “shapefiles” to merges topographical data with external data by leveraging external data over a topographical map.
· Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data
· A degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, or related field.
· Willingness to travel
· Capacity to learn new data management systems quickly
· Familiarity with GPS data collection and assessment
· Familiarity with data science and data visualization
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with geospatial data management tools, geoprocessing algorithms, and geostatistical analysis
· Outstanding quantitative skill set
· An eye for detail
· Analytical Mindset