Prepare your career for Takeoff at MTSI!!
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is a fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, providing leading-edge technical services in flight test operations, ballistic missile and air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, intelligence support, cyber, space, and homeland defense. MTSI is seeking an Engineering Intern at our Alexandria, VA location.
We offer competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits, including attractive salaries, semi-annual bonuses, health insurance, fully paid long/short term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate vesting in a matching 401(k) and participation in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Join an award winning team with a reputation for excellence. MTSI is dedicated to taking ownership of our customers problems and delivering solutions. We put employees first and are committed to their success. MTSI has a track record of 28 years of consecutive growth.
- Provide assistance to the CBP AMO Systems Engineering and Technical Analysis team conducting quick-turn technical analysis and trade studies on aircraft and aircraft mission systems and sensors.
- Specific aircraft include the BE-350 Super King Air, Airbus H-125 Helicopter and the C-208 Caravan.
- Specific mission systems and sensors include MX-15 electro-optical/infra-red sensors, Airborne Video Data Link (AVDL) systems, Team Awareness Kit (TAK) systems, Minotaur Mission Management System, and Mobile ad-hoc Networking (MANET) radios.
- The intern will work under the close supervision of MTSI engineers currently supporting the project
- Knowledge/Experience with aviation systems preferred
- Knowledge/Experience with common model and simulation software preferred (MATLAB, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited BS program with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Physics, Math, or Engineering Physics, and have 2 years school work experience.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Abiity to obtain/maintain a goverment security clearance.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.