The Field Engineer is an entry-level management position that will assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with the day-to-day operations of an assigned construction project. The position will be based out of Norcross, GA office but willing to work on project sites located in the Southeast and Midwest regions. The ability to travel and relocate to projects is essential to the success of this position.
If you’ve never worked in our industry before, that’s okay! Candidates with no industry experience will participate in a 6-month field rotation as a Groundman prior to transitioning into the Field Engineer position full-time. You’ll work alongside industry professionals learning our business from the ground up with all the support and training you’ll need to be successful.
Founded in 1977, Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc, started as a small general contractor performing high voltage utility work in Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. Today, Great Southwestern has the ability to perform high voltage construction and renewable energy construction throughout the country. Areas of expertise include transmission line construction, substation construction, distribution construction, and renewable energy projects. Our team lives our values of safety, respect, integrity, responsiveness, creativity, initiative, and teamwork every day at work.
Duties can include but will not be limited to:
- Project safety processes
- Quality control monitoring
- Production reporting
- Cost reporting
- Other duties as required
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field is required; a combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Be able to travel extensively for long periods of time
- Enjoy working in an outdoor construction environment
- Be a Team Player who can successfully build relationships and work with diverse team members, vendors, and customers.
- Demonstrated Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative without prompting.
- Ability to be adaptable and persistent with determination for self-improvement.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently and develop creative solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
Excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
Salary is commensurate with experience ($55,000+ annually).
Military Veterans Highly Encouraged to Apply
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.