MYR Group and our subsidiary businesses strive to provide an opportunity for students to gain education in the electrical utility construction industry by providing a hands-on and inclusive internship program. The knowledge and experience gained through this program will directly apply to potential future employment opportunities.
Learn more about MYR Group’s internship program here: https://myrgroup.com/myr-employment/internship-programs/
MYR Energy Services, a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc, serves customers participating in nationwide engineer-procure-construct (EPC), larger transmission and substation construction projects, and renewable energy project delivery. Customers are served through local operating companies or newly established offices for specific projects. MYRE also provides EPC contracting services for renewable and solar energy facilities throughout the U.S. including permitting, energy storage, complete solar facilities, and substation and transmission line interconnections.
PAY: $16-$20 per hour (determined by job function/department)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in developing engineering review templates for Bluebeam.
- Assist in developing engineering work instructions for use going forward.
- Assist in modelling solar PV plants in PVSyst and PVCase.
- Assist with the creation of scope documents for engineering partners from RFP.
- Assist with tracking and review of engineering deliverables from engineering partners, expediting when necessary.
- Review vendor drawings and specifications to ensure they conform with the scope of work for the project.
- Collaborate with team members and project partners to discuss and assist in developing project deliverables.
- Assist team in procuring proposals from qualified project partners.
· Participation in the Lunch & Learn internship program provided by the MYR Group Internship Leadership team.
· College sophomore or above working towards a related degree or be currently enrolled in or attending trade school. If you are a recent graduate, you must be within 1 year of your graduation date.
· No experience required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prepare and give presentations.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Benefits of an internship with MYR Group:
· Opportunity to explore potential post-graduation career opportunities.
· Practice and improve industry skills while learning how to be an effective employee entering the workforce.
· Gain knowledge of the roles and responsibility of a particular career.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.