The IT Support Analyst is responsible for providing Tier 1 technical support to NACD staff on hardware, software, and network-related issues. Works closely with the IT Specialist and Senior Manager to identify, recommend, develop, and implement technical solutions, policies, and improvements for the organization and provide assistance to other members of the IT department on general infrastructure-related tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the first point of contact for all IT-related support issues. Triage/escalate tickets as needed.
· Provide Tier 1 end user support for all current and future NACD software platforms: Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), Microsoft Teams, Zoom, One Drive, the Adobe Creative Suite, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, and an ever-expanding list of tools.
· Provide hardware support for Dell (Windows 10) and Apple (macOS 11) computers along with their corresponding accessories, Android and iOS mobile devices, an in-office VOIP phone system, and A/V conferencing equipment.
· Create and maintain IT process and policy documentation, knowledgebase entries, and meeting notes as needed.
· Perform administrative duties for Office 365, Active Directory, and Intermedia-hosted webmail.
· Manage voicemail password resets, forwards, and transfers for phone systems.
· Perform file restores using our Unitrends backup appliance.
· Stage new laptop upgrades and phones for deployment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of experience in a professional office environment (or equivalent experience) is required. Must be proficient in problem solving, have a positive, can-do attitude and a desire to learn and develop IT skillset.
A demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve IT system incidents/problems is required. Must have excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Ability to work independently and foster a team relationship.