NHSA’s communications intern will learn many of the basic skills it takes to become a communications and media relations professional in a mission-focused nonprofit organization. They will be involved with all core activities of the public affairs team and will be assigned day-to-day activities to integrate them into all aspects of our communications strategy.
Major duties and responsibilities
- monitor news stories
- compile news clips
- develop target press lists
- staff NHSA events
- assist with preparing interview briefing materials
- draft social media messages and digital newsletters
- The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, eager to learn, and passionate about Head Start’s commitment to giving every child the opportunity to succeed.
- They should also be proficient in writing in AP Style and utilizing social media platforms.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com. The candidate will need to provide their own computer or laptop with a webcam, internet connection, and phone to successfully meet the equipment requirements. If this is a barrier to participation, exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications will be considered until the internship is filled.
NHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.