Field & Constituencies Internship
The National Immigration Forum seeks a self-starting Field & Constituencies (F&C) Intern to assist our team in driving the Bibles, Badges and Business for Immigration Reform campaign. The F&C Intern supports outreach to faith, business, law enforcement, national security and veteran leaders across the nation to forge a new consensus on immigrants and immigration. The F&C Intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and tailor the internship to the intern’s interests. This position will be remote due to COVID-19.
For more information on this program please visit www.bbbimmigration.org
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the F&C team with administrative, research and logistical tasks.
• Collecting stories or testimonials from constituents via interview.
• Drafting written blog posts to share constituent stories or testimonials.
• Monitoring relevant immigration news clips for various reports.
• Collecting and formatting information for various weekly reports.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of social media strategy
• Drafting and posting content to various websites using Word Press.
• Eager to learn about the work of the National Immigration Forum
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Experience working with faith, business, veterans and/or law enforcement leaders preferred
• Ability to take initiative, work quickly and be flexible
• Enthusiasm for learning more about immigrants’ rights and immigration reform
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with WordPress not required, but preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kathleen Gillen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will not be considered. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are able to respond only to those applicants whom we are interested in interviewing. No phone calls please.
About the National Immigration Forum:
Founded in 1982, the National Immigration Forum advocates for the value of immigrants and immigration to our nation. In service to this mission, the Forum promotes responsible federal immigration policies, addressing today’s economic and national security needs while honoring the ideals of our Founding Fathers, who created America as a land of opportunity.
For 30 years, the Forum has worked to advance sound federal immigration solutions through its policy expertise, communications outreach and coalition building work, which forges powerful alliances of diverse constituencies across the country to build consensus on the important role of immigrants in America.
About the Bibles, Badges and Business for Immigration Reform Network:
In the last two years, a network of conservative faith, law enforcement and business leadership has come together to establish a new consensus on immigrants and America. These unlikely allies have seen the changing face of America in their congregations, businesses and communities. Their response has been to advocate for policy solutions that will help new Americans attain the opportunities, skills and status to reach their fullest potential.
Equal opportunity employer.