Do you love to work with websites? Do you love to develop creative content? Is it exciting to use your computer and marketing skills to help advocate for a population that often goes unrecognized? Then the National Postdoctoral Association is the place for you!
The National Postdoctoral Association is the representative nonprofit that supports and advocates on behalf of 70,000+ postdocs within the United States. A postdoc is defined as an individual holding a doctoral degree who is engaged in a temporary period of mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing. The key characteristic of a postdoc position is that it is a temporary career-building step on the path to a more permanent position. The NPA provides support to the postdoctoral community through education, toolkits, advocacy, professional development, and networking opportunities.
Skills You Will Develop:
- How to develop a clear organizational structure of a robust, resource-rich website
- Honing your marketing and promotional skills
- Learn how to effectively create infographics, charts, and graphs to represent data
- Implementing your coding skills for real world application
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
- Background in website maintenance
- Accomplished communication and writing skills in mediums such as social media, newsletter writing, editing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office, along with Google Applications, specifically Docs, Sheets, and Drive. CSS/HTML/Internet savvy
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Graphic design, Adobe Suites skills preferred
- Creative and flexible
- Interest in nonprofit management
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision
Computer Science, IT, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Visual Arts and New Media
This is an unpaid position that begins in the fall semester and/or spring semester. The position can be renewed with a small stipend for high performers. We expect interns to work a minimum of 10 hours a week (more if you desire). Required to have access to a computer and internet. You will become a key member of a dynamic and highly productive team with an opportunity to contribute your expertise in a nonprofit environment and have numerous projects to add to your professional portfolio.