Job Title: Evaluation Manager
Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA. The hiring manager for this position works remotely.
Salary Range: $62,581 to $73,625
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. With more than 60,000 members, NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being. For more information, visit www.nrpa.org. For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
NRPA is currently seeking an Evaluation Manager to join our Research, Evaluation, and Technology department.
The Evaluation Manager supports NRPA’s growing evaluation activities. They provide data analysis and reporting support that furthers NRPA’s goals in the areas of community health & wellness, park access, resiliency, and equity.
This position plays a key role providing evaluation support for grant programs in communities across the United States. This position is also responsible for coordinating the data collection, analysis, and reporting of key data to help the organization and the Programs, Partnerships, and Development team measure progress toward long-term goals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Providing evaluation support for several grant programs, including, but not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Programs, Partnerships, and Development team members and other departments to develop effective evaluation plans for grant programs
- Measuring the short- and long-term impact of national community health, equitable park access, and resiliency initiatives using a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Analyzing, reporting, and presenting evaluation results in a variety of formats
- Conducting site work and evaluation-related training for grants (e.g., park observations. administering neighborhood surveys, site visits, survey administration training)
Executing the day-to-day responsibilities of the organization-wide and grants performance measurement systems, including, but not limited to:
- Managing monthly, quarterly, and annual data collection and management
- Analyzing trends with a wide variety of data sources and drawing conclusions for the Research and Programs, Partnerships, and Development teams
- Reporting data through online dashboards, presentations, and meetings
- Collaborating with the Senior Evaluation Manager and members of the Research Team to improve the way that NRPA measures the performance and long-term impact of its grant and other initiatives.
- Working with the Vice President of Research, Evaluation and Technology and the Senior Evaluation Manager to support NRPA members in advancing local evaluation strategies to include developing resources, creating content, providing technical assistance, and facilitating trainings and other professional development offerings.
- Representing NRPA at conferences, meetings, and site visits with local park and recreation agencies.
- Undertaking special projects and assignments as directed.
- Seeking new methodologies for evaluating the impact of NRPA’s grants in communities and the overall impact of NRPA.