NSI Internship Program Overview
National Strategies (NSI) is a state and local government consulting firm that assists companies in their efforts to work with government to generate revenue and growth, solve problems, and create opportunities.
For over 20 years, the NSI Internship Program has provided top-performing college students the opportunity to participate in a professional and personal experience by learning organizational insights and NSI’s business model and core values. This experience also provides participants with professional development experiences and interpersonal interaction with the NSI team.
Our goal is to help our interns optimize their experience by working hard towards the success of the company and its clients. We promote engagement of our interns with all levels of our staff and encourage students to take initiative in their personal growth and understanding, imparting them with a repertoire of perspective, knowledge, skills, and contacts.
This position is unpaid. NSI will work with students to obtain class credit where applicable.
· Research is an integral part of NSI’s business, shaping our critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and analytical processes, in order to deliver a comprehensive assessment and successful strategy to our clients. Interns will be assigned projects as required to support client needs and assist with research in a variety of different areas including: Technology, Energy/Environment, Healthcare, Public Safety, Education, Transportation/Infrastructure, Smart Cities, and Financial Services.
· Areas of research may include market and trend analysis, public policy, regulatory matters, legislation, competitive analysis, or specific industry topics.
· Research is often completed by utilizing open source resources, Lexis-Nexis, State Departments/Agencies Websites, Cold Calling, and Database searches.
· Research projects will revolve around four main types: Sector Research, Client Account Research, Business Development Research, and General Research.
· Specific sectors might require research on new trends, policies, campaign positions, or legislation being considered in specific areas of interest.
Regular business hours at NSI are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. This schedule can be adapted to accommodate academic needs and schedules. Unless alternative arrangements have been made, interns are expected to begin work at 9:00 am and work through the end of the day. Lunchtime is flexible, and interns may take an hour’s lunch break each day.
Given the current world conditions, this position will be a remote working position. NSI looks forward to having students in the office again once conditions permit.
NSI is a US based consulting firm providing companies with the strategy and insight to navigate complex procurement, legislative, and regulatory processes of state and local governments.
· Network of over 2,500 bi-partisan public affairs professionals in all 50 states, top 100 cities and counties
· Management served at the highest levels of politics, government, and business
· Represents companies across every vertical market with particular expertise in technology, energy and environment, public safety and law enforcement, education, transportation, healthcare, smart cities, and financial services
· Client base includes Fortune 500 companies, mid-size companies and startups
· Over 600 clients served since inception
· Proven ability to transform clients’ businesses
· Generated over $27 billion in additional revenue for clients since 1996 and instrumental in passing/blocking state and local legislation across the country