YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To serve as basic technical and administrative support to senior engineers. Work at the direction of senior engineers to support the operation and maintenance of Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) tools to ensure a secure Navy Federal environment. Assist senior engineers in troubleshooting technical issues identified through system monitoring and/or escalated from the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) teams. Develop and maintain working knowledge of evolving information security engineering industry technologies/competition and concepts. Work under a moderate to high amount of supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Information Technology, Information Science, Communications or Technical writing experience
- Junior, Senior or Graduate studies
- Must be currently enrolled in IT related classes
- Desire to work in an IT environment, specifically in the area of Information Security
- Excellent customer service skills and interaction
- Demonstrate problem solving, analytical and process development skills
- Must be a team player with a cooperative and energetic spirit with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of Management and Staff
- Knowledge in Basic Networking, Routing, Scripting, & Coding is Preferred
- Assists Information Security Engineers/Analyst with the documentation of business processes
- Assists the Information Security Engineers/Analyst with the evaluation of new technologies
- Works with the Information Security Engineers/Analyst to create system documentation
Hours: Monday-Friday (varies depending on intern’s school schedule). Flexible/part-time between 8:00am – 6:00pm (20 hours minimum per week).
Location: 820 Follin Lane SE, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.