YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
The ISD Technology Product Management (TPM) team offers college students the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in supporting Navy Federal’s Information Services Department through a year-round internship. This internship will provide students the opportunity to collaborate with both technical teams and business units to research, compile, analyze, and document system requirements for business initiatives. Additionally, interns will have responsibility for supporting the daily operations of the TPM team including reporting and system administration. To be eligible for this position you must currently be enrolled at an accredited university and willing to learn and combine theoretical knowledge with hands on experience while developing your professional skills.
- Support the analysis and reporting needs of ISD-supported project and product efforts, using advanced Excel features
- Assist with administrative support of the team SharePoint site including developing and maintaining content and pages
- Assist with administrative support of the Jira requirements management tool including handling support tickets, troubleshooting issues, implementing configuration changes, reporting, researching system capabilities, etc.
- Apply knowledge established through degree program to day-to-day responsibilities
- Be receptive of guidance and direction from management and senior-level team members
- Work within established standards, policies, and procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment in the analysis of problems
- Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results, and achieve established objectives
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
- Skilled in maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting established deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team environment
- High degree of maturity, objectivity, tact, integrity, and sound judgment
- Effective planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office solution suite; especially Microsoft Excel
- Degree Program: Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Design & Development or other related field
- Familiarity with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and tasks; exposure / understanding of the Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with Project Management concepts and tasks
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Azure DevOps, MS Visio, Tableau, and SharePoint
Hours: Minimum 20 hours/week Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM; preference to sophomores and juniors
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.