We have an opportunity for an Intern to join our team located at the Department of Commerce (DoC). This position provides the opportunity to gain experience in the Federal environment and exposure to the use of trade data and the related analysis to determine export controls impact on US interest. This position is located in Washington D.C. This position is a paid internship that also supports giving college credit if needed. ($15.00/hour for undergraduate students and $17.00/hour for graduate students.)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and editing industry surveys for each assessment performed by DoC
- Preparing mailing lists, including verifying company names and addresses
- Survey dissemination activities such as: creating labels, performing mail merges, affixing labels, stuffing envelopes, preparing related materials, etc.
- By telephone and email, ensuring survey respondents are complying with survey obligation and assist them in compliance which includes confirming receipt of survey template, answering questions, requesting additional/updated information, and reviewing survey responses for completion
- Analyzing data from survey respondents
- Drafting charts, graphs, and written information for reports based on data collected from survey responses
- Attending team meetings as well as meetings with the sponsor agencies and project stakeholders
- Assisting in drafting presentation materials for briefing partners and/or outreach with stakeholders
- Conducting project-related research on technologies, industries, and other matters related to survey scope
- Editing/Drafting chapters
- Meeting program requirements, such as developing an Internship Report
- Current student or graduated within the last year from undergraduate or graduate program
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both oral and written form
- Exceptional time management skills
- Genuine desire to learn is essential
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome – Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
- Invest in your education – Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company-sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Work Place in 2019 & 2020!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back – Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies Inc. (NetImpact) has been a Trusted Advisor driving impact through digital transformation for the Federal Government for over a decade. We solve complex problems with innovation and agility to create meaningful, transformative, and enduring change. As Trusted Advisors, NetImpact professionals partner with customer agencies to deliver solutions that empower them to not only meet their missions but also realize their strategic vision through agile, outcome-focused solutions addressing both strategic and tactical requirements. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client’s culture and organizational dynamics. NetImpact’s core values and commitment to a customer and results-oriented delivery approach has propelled our growth and enabled us to deliver impactful value across Strategic Consulting, Process Automation, Cloud, DevSecOps, Data and Analytics, and Cyber Security for the Federal Government.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact, or request reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as “protected status”).