The successful candidate will join the Multi Sector Fixed income team focused on the credit orientated portfolios to work closely with portfolio managers, traders and research analysts in managing investment grade AUM across a large number of institutional mandates. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2-3 years credit experience and strong quantitative skills.
- Work collaboratively in a multi sector credit team as a key support for portfolio management and trading desks.
- Utilize knowledge of credit markets to help shape portfolio construction.
- Incorporate quantitative knowledge to optimize portfolios.
- Provide investment managers with security, portfolio, and benchmark information.
- Work with client service teams on attribution and client reporting efforts.
- Analyze benchmark data from index providers for changes and portfolio impact.
- Calculate and review security analytics and the impact of changes on the portfolios to help inform investment decisions.
- Serve as a point person for client presentations, portfolio summary reports, and internal/external data requests.
- Collaborate client service team with market commentary requests.
- Work with risk teams to analyze portfolios.
- Opportunities to grow within the team with mentorship with seasoned professionals; demonstrated career path to roles within trading, macro analysis and portfolio management.
- Experience in credit analysis or a credit background, preferably 2-3 years experience.
- Sell side experience in Fixed Income is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; capable of solving problems within finite deadlines while operating effectively in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Familiarity with macroeconomics and investing; solid knowledge of fixed income concepts (yield, spreads, duration recommended).
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, creative, enthusiastic, resourceful, self-starter.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Solid experience using Excel and database tools.
- Basic knowledge of Python and SQL is helpful.