Neuberger Berman is an independent, employee-owned, global asset management firm, serving the financial needs of institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our broad capabilities include traditional and alternative equity and fixed income strategies, private equity and commodities, in addition to portfolio advice and wealth planning services. We offer a broad platform to accommodate the evolving needs of our clients.
The Risk Department is a fast paced, action-oriented group, which is responsible for independent risk oversight of all the varied strategies and handles numerous complex matters impacting Neuberger Berman Group LLC. We are seeking a highly motivated Analyst to join our New York office.
- The selected candidate will join the Investment Risk unit, which is responsible for the risk measurement, attribution and analysis for the firm’s Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives and Multi-Asset Class strategies.
- This person will work as an integral part of the Investment Risk team, taking up day-to-day coverage of a number of the strategies/ portfolio management teams.
- The analyst will maintain and run regular and ad hoc reports; and provide support to various teams around the firm on risk and performance analytics issues.
- Solve real world risk management problems in a largely autonomous fashion while collaborating with team members.
- Translate academic and/or buy-side research into theses that are implementable and actionable.
- Perform ex ante and ex post portfolio risk analysis, performance and attribution analysis and portfolio optimization.
- Stay connected and current with academic finance research and developments and present findings to team members.
- Prepare materials for presentations for reviews with portfolio managers, senior management and the firm’s Investment Risk Committee.
- 0-3 years of experience in a quantitative role.
- Strong interest in Financial markets and willingness to learn on the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field like Engineering, Econometrics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or similar.
- Python Programming and experience using SQL required. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- An analytical thought process and rigorous and disciplined intellectual process.
- Risk management and risk statistics knowledge, including familiarity with concepts such as risk decomposition, factor exposure and stress testing is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate effectively and concisely summarize conclusions from analysis.
- Proactive identification of problems and offering of solutions and automation ideas.
- A strong focus on the quality of output, attention to detail and very low error tolerance.
- Extremely goal-oriented and a true team player. The highest integrity as it relates to corporate standards and compliance.
- Knowledge of the industry’s standard risk models such as Aladdin, Barra, FactSet, and Bloomberg PORT is a plus.
- Progress towards FRM, CFA, CAIA or similar qualifications is a plus.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.