State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Planning & Community Assistance
7 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
Business Systems Analyst I
(Planning Business Systems Manager)
Labor Grade 28: $58,636.50 – $83,869.50
37-1/2 Hours per week
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning & Community Assistance, has a full time vacancy for a Planning Business Systems Manager (Business Systems Analyst I).
SUMMARY: To administer MATS, ProMIS and GIS systems (Planning business systems) and data governance for the transportation systems and infrastructure assets of the Bureau of Planning & Community Assistance and other bureaus.
- Designs, develops and implements geospatial databases to support transportation planning, asset management inventories and work orders.
- Designs, develops and implements the ProMIS software used to create projects and develop cost estimates of state and federal projects.
- Manages all phases of transportation projects and initiatives to include scope, timeline, development, implementation, and maintenance. Analyzes and reports on GIS spatial data throughout the project in order to conduct research and review project progress.
- Develops transportation solutions for complex analytical problems involving Planning business systems data sets.
- Monitors and evaluates system performances/needs/efficiencies and makes recommendations for improvements to meet Bureau/Department goals and operational requirements.
- Develops customized Planning business systems applications and processes to support the GIS users, including desktop computer and web-based solutions.
- Reviews and corrects errors in the GIS transportation data elements, such as the Linear Referencing System (LRS) and highway inventories, to maintain accurate asset collection.
- Supports GIS asset data management systems and inventories, including data compatibility, coordination, and integration.
- Assists in the review, development and administration of consultant contracts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education, preferably with a major in management information systems, computer information systems, or computer science. Each additional year of specialized formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Six (6) years of experience in systems analysis with a broad-based knowledge of business environments, preferably in a field or occupation related to software development, software support, or software maintenance, three years of which shall have included the direct involvement in application or product lifecycle management. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
License/Certification: Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation for statewide travel. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools, databases, and computers/servers using ArcGIS, ArcServer, model builder, Python, SQL, and Oracle. Experience in software development and scripting, and web based application development using VB.NET, Java, HTML. Ability to effectively communicate complex technical materials both orally and in writing.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact William Watson, Administrator, at 603-271-3344 or at Bureau46@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964