Nikon Research Corporation of America (NRCA), located in Belmont, CA and Tucson, AZ is a 65-person R&D subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, Japan.
Members of our Precision Mechatronics group perform research projects that lead to future products for Nikon’s precision equipment business groups.
The work environment has all the informality and flexibility of a small company, but the stability and resources of a big parent in Japan.
NRCA is looking for a Contract Deep Learning Engineer who is a creative thinker and team player.
You would be:
- Developing deep learning algorithms in support of Nikon products and applications
- Research and test new techniques and algorithms
- Work alongside Software, Robotics and Hardware teams to develop algorithms
To be successful in this role we would like you to be:
- Currently enrolled in Masters’ (or +) level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Electrical Engineer program.
The ideal person need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of Deep Learning; proficient in training and evaluating state of the art Deep Networks for Classification, Semantic & Instance Segmentation, and Object Detection, Action Recognition and Object Tracking; exposure to 3D Deep Learning
- Proficient in DL development frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
- Strong C++ and Python programming skills
- Experience with common ML/CV tools including python/bash scripting, scikit-learn, OpenCV etc.
- Compress, quantize and optimize the architecture of the deep learning network
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical optimization theory and techniques
- Experience with statistical computer vision and image processing
- Working knowledge and/or experience with DL inference hardware and edge device is a big plus
This role is flexible offering up to 40 hours of work on a regular basis. Some weeks will have less work. You must be available between 6:00PM & 9:00PM PDT one or two times per week for APAC (Asia Pacific) calls.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Nikon Research Corporation of America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By clicking “apply,” you authorize and give your consent for NRCA to use the personal information you provided for future communications related to the recruitment and hiring process, both for current and future job openings (“Purpose”). You further certify that you are over 18 years of age. NRCA may be required to provide your contact information to third parties in order to perform the above Purpose. However, NRCA does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties.