We have openings for Field Service Engineers (FSE) to provide onsite customer service and support at our customer facilities. Job responsibilities include equipment installations, upgrades, repairs, and preventative maintenance of complex lithography tools. Our FSEs work with the customer to ensure optimal performance of the Nikon equipment.
The successful FSE pro-actively identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves technical issues at the customer site. They are able to successfully work individually or in a group environment, with assistance of advanced technical staff. FSEs also must effectively communicate and instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the systems.
- Ensure Nikon equipment is operating at optimal performance levels.
- Interpret schematics, mechanical diagrams, block diagrams, part lists and other technical materials. Apply that knowledge to the installation, maintenance, upgrade and repair of Nikon equipment.
- Proficient in the use of common electronic diagnostic equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, etc.)
- Assimilate and discern data from diagnostic programs to develop solutions for troubleshooting equipment
- Is the primary customer interface / communication link to answer questions and provide updates. Actively responds to customer requests.
- Provide clear verbal and written communications to insure appropriate action is executed.
- Provide exceptional customer service while working in a clean room environment more than 50% of their time.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, ME, EET, MET or Electro Mechanical Engineering or equivalent OR
- Associate’s degree in EET or MET plus 4 years related experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting or equivalent OR
- 6 years related Military experience in electro-mechanical troubleshooting or equivalent
- Previous experience with Nikon systems is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter demonstrating technical competence of electrical, mechanical and optical systems or subsystems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to work effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Japanese language proficiency a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity: Nikon Precision Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.