We’re offering an exciting opportunity for a Parts Quality Engineering Intern to join our team for the Summer of 2021. Positions will be at the Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant in Canton, Mississippi and the Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant in Smyrna, Tennessee.
The Vehicle Quality Engineering Team provides engineering support for the development, production, and Quality of new model manufactured vehicles within assigned area at Nissan North America manufacturing plants. The team is also is also responsible for developing and implement automated Quality systems to monitor new model vehicle key control characteristics, to support rapid investigations and quicker problem solving throughout the fast-paced vehicle assembly plant activities. To ensure Nissan’s vehicle Quality brand building image and achieving enduring profitable growth.
Proposed Timing: July 2021 – July 2022.
Job Functions – May vary by assignment
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the skilled, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
· Understand data collection methods from multiple areas of a manufacturing plant , including in-house built metal-parts, supplier provided parts, and fully-built vehicle conditions.
· Support vehicle and measurement activities at plant as needed to gain familiarity with the measurement processes.
· Analyze the methods of data collection to determine what portions can be automated. Develop processes to filter raw data collected from various sources of the vehicle assembly plant.
· Develop understanding of how the data is currently stored, formatted, and organized from multiple areas and data sources. Support the development of a cohesive data storage system that allows vehicle data results to be analyzed and compared in real time with historical control factor data. By developing dashboards too efficiently, present the information.
· Quantify labor efficiencies gained with the above automated data analysis systems implementation. Develop business cases showing justifiable payback periods for investments required and present the business case to gain management project support.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; along with the ability to document/explain one’s logic and decision-making process.
· Ability to work cross-functionally and lead cross-functional teams.
· Willingness to act quickly and adapt rapidly, in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
· Ideal candidate will be able to display aptitude in database management, development, and integration, including the creation of dashboards to quickly share information
· Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Student pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or related field .
· Thorough software knowledge such as Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
· Knowledge of Access or other database management software, SQL, and Python.
· Tableau experience, PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products is a Plus.
· Occasional overnight travel may be required to visit other Nissan-USA sites.
Think you’ve got the internal drive to support the production of great vehicles and join an award winning team? Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business transformation evolution of the automotive industry by applying today. Apply today, to kick start your career into high gear.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.”