A Day in the Life of an Operations Analyst
Interesting in learning more about the Operations Analyst Position? Please watch this 2-minute video for more information http://bit.ly/NS_Cust_Ops
Norfolk Southern Customer Operations is the intersection between our 7,000 customers and the services of Norfolk Southern. This team is responsible for managing supply chains, handling service issues, analyzing data, creating solutions for our customers, and creating an excellent customer experience.
Strong analytical skills and great communication are key to this position.
Working with all aspects of a customer’s journey, this team supports our transportation organization 24 x 7, marketing and sales, accounting and any other area that touches our customer. Customer Operations is made up of several different areas. Our analysts will get exposure to each area and work with the company to determine where skills and interests align. The Customer Operations Analyst position provides an attractive opportunity for you to advance your career throughout Norfolk Southern while developing your leadership and management skills.
Roles & Duties of this position can include:
• Coordinate and analyze data and operational events to ensure proper movement and reporting and notification and remediation of exceptions
• Planning of assets and resources to support the business
• Building relationships with customers and operations to ensure excellent service
• Identification of process improvements or standardization for efficient operations
• Leading a team of customer service representatives
Education / Experience
What makes a successful Operations Service Analyst?
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative business approach
• Excellent analytical skills
• Initiative and creativity in developing solutions to complex business problems
- Preferred Degree Paths: Supply Chain Logistics, Business, Business Analytics, Liberal Arts, and majors in a similar field of study will be considered
- Minimum Level: Less than 1 year; Preferred Level: 1-2 years