Provide leadership to the professional work team of Software & Integration Engineers. Manage the technical direction and readiness of 20 to 25 staff and resources in support of Northern Light strategic objectives and organizational priorities.
1. Direct and oversee the development, release, maintaining and support of software applications & interfaces. 2. Influence overall direction for software development and integration methodology and development tools. 3. Possess a thorough understanding of the NLH Revenue Cycle, Clinical and Business systems. 4. Have experience with one or more of the technical languages and tools utilized for software and interface development in support of the NLH applications, including understanding of relational databases and HL7 interface technology. 5. Support innovation and learning for staff development and retention and to stay current with relevant technology. 6. Work with leadership on overall prioritization for assignment of resources. 7. Participate in development of and adherence to departmental budget. 8. Develop working relationships with I.S. teams, other NLH departments, customers and vendors.
Competencies and skills:
* 12 YRS EXPERIENCE
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others’ actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Experience supporting software issues that includes remote troubleshooting capabilities and installation assistance.
* Bachelor’s Degree