Junior IT Business Analyst
The IT Metrics & Analytics team delivers business intelligence and predictive analytics needed to run Northern Trust IT like a business. The team makes key information more immediately available, frequent, and accessible, for example converting a weekly PDF report for the CIO to be available anytime via mobile. The team is striving to help technology measure and achieve its 2020 objectives, including improving operational stability, reducing regulatory scrutiny, and evolving its digital workforce. The team works in fast-paced agile sprints to deliver value quickly and incrementally.
- Ability to work autonomously to solve business problems.
- Consults with other systems partners regarding techniques and practices.
- Performs analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or user requirements to design solutions.
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases when enterprise wide business solutions are proposed
- Communicates business priorities to the technology organization in order to drive effective business solutions
- Perform analysis of workflows, business processes, wireframes / callouts and field mapping
- Assists with change management for IT projects, creating plans and supporting documentation
- Assists with the software testing cycle and the creation of a requirements traceability matrix
- Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously to solve a business problem
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to interact with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering and design initiation.
· Open mind with the ability to self-teach and an interest in learning new things.
· Strong communication skills
· General computer science principles, especially relational databases
· Basic understanding of statistics
· Ability to create highly clear and lucid presentations, charts, and visuals
· Beneficial but not required:
o Intermediate knowledge of Python and SQL
o Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms
o Familiarity with popular Python machine learning/data/stats packages: SciKit, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
o Previous machine learning projects (academic or industry)
o Familiarity with source control systems (Git) and unit testing
We do not/will not sponsor for work authorization, including H-1B petitions.
It is the policy of The Northern Trust Company to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. http://bit.ly/EEO-poster-US