NXP is seeking an undergraduate candidate for a Summer Internship program, to support the front-end internal manufacturing organization at our Chandler Arizona factory location. The candidate will work alongside both the manufacturing operations team and the industrial engineering team to enhance NXP’s manufacturing performance.
Possible regular duties include data mining and analysis using established databases, SQL creation and development, database report visualization, model creation, and problem solving tasks such as determining root cause of factory manufacturing issues. Candidate will utilize critical analysis skills to support the implementation of new processes or systems to enhance performance in our factory. Much of the work is collaborative, working across groups within the factory and support groups.
Projects may include working with a cross-functional team to complete implementation of a dashboard to enable better decisions based on overall quality metrics, or working as part of a team developing systems to optimize manufacturing efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) strong analytical skills with passion for driving to true root cause; (2) the strategic, analytic, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent; (3) the communication skills to effectively work in local teams and manage conflict in ways that build relationships and trust with internal business partners and suppliers.
- Utilize data analytics to help identify root cause and evaluate the effectiveness of possible corrective actions for a specific factory issue, working independently and as part or the leader of cross-functional problem solving team.
- Develop software tools/reports to support manufacturing quality performance objectives and provide actionable data to enable performance improvement
- Prepare material for and give technical presentations on results and conclusions from work
- Candidates will preferably be an undergraduate for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Materials Science Engineering. Other Engineering majors will also be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SQL
In order to be considered for an internship with NXP, you must be returning to school (or graduating) at the conclusion of the internship term. If you are graduating prior to June 2021, please apply for positions labeled “Graduate Hire” or “Entry Level”.