IMPORTANT: As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Job ID: 489676
Business Title: Correspondence Liaison
Civil Service Title: COMMUNITY ASSOCIATE
Title Level: 1
Title Classification: Non-Competitive
Division/Work Unit: Corresp & Constit Services
Proposed Salary: $38,333 – $49,500 (Annual)
# of Positions: 1
The External Affairs Office is responsible for all internal and external communications. This includes the press office, social media, the agency editor/speechwriter, correspondence, outreach, intergovernmental/legislative affairs, and the web unit.
The External Affairs Division/Communications unit is seeking a candidate to serve as a Correspondence Liaison. This unit is at the heart of the agency and is responsible for providing direct customer service to members of the public who contact the New York City Department of Finance with a multitude of inquiries.
The selected candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering emails and hard mail correspondence from the public.
- Responding to inquiries from elected officials.
- Responding to 311 Service Requests.
- Answering telephone inquiries.
- Working on special projects for the Division of External Affairs, and occasionally meet members of the public one on one.
- Analyzing correspondence trends to help facilitate the creation of standardized responses that will help the unit become faster and more efficient in responding and reduce turnaround time.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments, and multi-task.
- Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in providing customer service to the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Computer Information Systems (STARS, PTS, CRM, etc).
- Passion for helping people and providing excellent customer service.
- Enthusiasm for learning new subjects and then expressing them clearly and succinctly to others.
- Ability to speak, read and write proficiently in languages other than English is a plus.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Click the “Apply” button on the top right hand corner to be directed to nyc.gov/jobs and be able to submit your resume/cover letter. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless otherwise indicated, all positions require a five-day workweek.
1 Centre Street – New York, NY 10007
(Current location but could be subject to change)
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Position Posted Until: 10/21/2021