The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Geospatial Modeling with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC .
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Developing geospatial data models to predict the occurrence of PFAS in environment
· Processing of day layers
· Creating metadata, fact sheets, webapps and story maps, and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Research Triangle Park, NC
Salary: $29.57 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Demonstrated education and/or experience in GIS (geographic information systems), geospatial data compilation and analysis.
· Experience using geographic information system software.
· Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
· Experience using ArcPro, ArcGIS, R, Python and machine learning.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA) provides the science needed to understand the complex interrelationship between people and nature in support of assessments and policy to protect human health and ecological integrity. Within CPHEA, the Public Health and Environmental Systems Division (PHESD) focuses on the interrelationships between people and their environment, promotes human health and well-being, and fosters healthy and safe communities.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s degree in the fields of geospatial science, data analytics, geography, ecology, environmental science, geosciences or a related field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org