THE JOB / Data Strategist
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations – Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Whether it is advising our clients on the right partnership opportunities or developing sharp consumer insights, we strive to tell compelling stories that are grounded in data.
That’s where you come in! We are looking for a Data Strategist to join our Strategy team. This position will be essential in supporting our team in developing recommendations that guide sponsorship and marketing decisions!
The right person for this role will analyze data, leverage consumer trends, and identify relevant insights to communicate recommendations to our clients effectively. This person should be innovative, analytical, and resourceful, with the ability to tackle unique problems quickly. This person will support projects across multiple clients, so you must be someone who can manage your time efficiently across multiple projects.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
The work you’ll do
- Develop insights from quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Build and deliver reports and presentations that are rooted in data, engaging and measurable
- Collaborate with cross-functional research and analytics teams
- Perform tasks and responsibilities required with conscientiousness to produce high-quality, accurate results
- Analyze and interpret survey results, and build reports and presentations to communicate insights effectively
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Someone who enjoys getting their hands dirty in the data and has experience in working with syndicated databases, primary research, or other data analysis
- You are analytical and inquisitive by nature, with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant trends in consumer, content, and sports landscapes
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of modern marketing strategies (content, social, experiential)
- Client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities
- Comfort working with data and numbers
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.