Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2022 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution.
We Offer: High priority projects, great mentors, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
As an intern on the Auth0 Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be embedded with our Site Reliability Engineers and have opportunities to learn about the broader organization and what it means to maintain the framework of a unicorn tech company. You will have the opportunity to support our partners in Product Engineering who are actively supercharging our next phase of growth. You will gain meaningful experience working directly with global team members to address real-world challenges and create innovative value for our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting our platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Work directly with other members of the SRE team as well as Product Engineers to ensure system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve information gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- Collaborate with the Platform Infrastructure teams to extend and enhance existing CI/CD pipelines
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, Node.js, or Python), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure
- You are passionate about learning new technical ecosystems and contributing to building and running distributed systems at scale in production
- Interested in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with familiarity of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing
- Interested in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incident
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS
Education and Training: (In progress) BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.