Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2022 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution.
We Offer: Interesting and diverse projects, great mentors, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
As an intern on the Auth0 Performance and Resilience Testing (PRT) Team, you will be embedded with other Engineers in the team and have the opportunity to learn about a variety of topics in different disciplines: Quality, Performance and Resilience. You will have the opportunity to learn about what it takes to maintain the performance and resiliency of complex distributed systems and to champion quality across the organization. You will gain meaningful experience working directly with global team members to address real-world challenges and create innovative value for our customers, either through day-to-day tasks or a specific project in this problem space.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to our tooling to improve the developer experience of running Load/Resilience tests at Auth0
- Monitor metrics and develop/contribute to innovative solutions for information gathering, reporting and alerting
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary globally-distributed environment to be able to see tasks through to completion
- Participate together with the developers in weekly agile-based team activities like sprint planning, and contribute in collaborative programming (i.e. code reviews, pair programming, etc).
Minimum Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
- Knowledge of Software Engineering processes/practices, Agile methodologies and tooling (e.g. source/version control)
- Programming proficiency and good fundamentals in one of the following languages: NodeJS, Typescript, Python or Go are preferred, but others will be considered
- Passion about learning new technical ecosystems and contributing to building and running distributed systems at scale in production
- Interest in working in Performance Engineering and Resilience Engineering problem spaces (e.g. interest in Chaos Engineering, identifying performance bottlenecks in systems, etc)
- Some exposure to development and deployment in hosted cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and SQL databases
Education and Training: (In Progress) BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.