The SEM Strategist will work closely with a small number of eCommerce client accounts to ensure the performance of their SEM channel is continuously improving and meeting or exceeding client P&L objectives. You will also be tasked with supporting a team of SEM Analysts. You will be directly responsible for managing, optimizing, reporting on, and communicating the effectiveness of multiple online advertising channels including paid search, product listing ads (PLAs), remarketing, Amazon advertising, display and paid social to a number of small client accounts.
You will develop an intimate working relationship with your clients and meet with them regularly. Your primary responsibility is to ensure client account performance is continuously improving, and that support is provided to the Analysts you work with. The SEM Strategist role is intended to serve as excellent training experience for the SEM Analyst position.
- Research, develop and implement advanced SEM strategies and campaigns across client accounts. This includes competitive analysis, keyword research, ad copy development and testing, bid optimization as well as numerous micro-optimizations.
- Provide support to a team of SEM Analysts, assisting them with routine tasks.
- Implement, manage and optimize our industry-leading product listing ad (PLA) strategy across client accounts to ensure client profit objectives are met or exceeded each month. This will include mastering our strategies and tools for data feed optimization and search query cleansing.
- Perform frequent analysis of client campaigns including bid optimization utilizing our bidding analysis platform, account segmentation, keyword analysis or other ad hoc analysis.
- Contribute ideas for product improvements across our technology stack in order to improve the quality of services rendered across client accounts and improve internal processes.
- Stay current on industry trends and upcoming technology, channels and online marketing strategies.
- Travel may occasionally be required.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding people, computer and problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of learning quickly.
- Prior experience in the search marketing industry. eCommerce experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Office.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of web analytics software such as Google Analytics, Coremetrics or Omniture.
- Google AdWords certification a plus.+
Our number one goal at Omnitail is to offer greater accountability and performance for our clients. The digital marketing industry suffers from a lack of transparency and integrity among agencies and vendors. We aim to change this trend by teaching our clients to measure success through profit, rather than just revenue or efficiency. We incorporate measures of COGS, VOH (variable overhead) and merchandise return rate (MRR) in our optimization process. We pride ourselves on working with each client to find the approach that works best for their specific business needs. Success through metrics like profit – not just revenue – equals greater accountability, integrity, and transparency: and that’s what Omnitail is all about.
All Omnitail employees are eligible to work remotely or in-person at our office.