Move your career through a paid summer internship at an accountable, transparent, and fun public agency that delivers on its promises. At the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) in California, we’re improving freeways, building a new streetcar, and driving many multimodal transportation projects. You’ll gain professional training and career mentoring from top talent in the industry. Come to Orange County this summer and be part of our team!
This opportunity will provide exposure to the general practices of the Capital Programming Department in the Planning Division. OCTA defines capital programming as the strategic alignment of funding sources to eligible projects, consistent with specific fund source guidelines, availability, and timing. The intern will gain an understanding of how funding works for planning and project development.
– 10-week, paid internship
– $15 – $18 per hour
– 36-40 hour work weeks
– Work in the Capital Programming department of the Planning Division
– Located in Orange County, California
– Professional development trainings
– Flexible start/end date
• Assists in the administration and evaluation of transportation funding programs.
• Prepares programming documents, applications, requests, submittals, and guidelines for funding.
• Coordinates programming efforts and communicates with agencies, project managers, and others.
• Prepares written reports, analysis, maps, charts, presentations, correspondence, queries, and other materials.
• Updates, maintains, tracks and reports on projects and project funding.
Education and Pay
Pay is determined by level of education.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree: $15/hour
– College students must be enrolled full-time in a two or four-year college program, at an accredited college or university, and follow a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Recent Graduate: $16/hour
– Students that graduate with their bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021, are eligible.
Pursuing a Master’s Degree: $18/hour
– College students enrolled full time and pursing a master’s degree from an accredited college.
Application and Selection Process:
This position will remain open until filled. For further information about this exciting career opportunity and to apply online, please visit our website at https://careers.octa.net/octa-careers/jobs/2601?lang=en-us. We are unable to accept resumes in lieu of an online application. OCTA does not sponsor H1B or other work visas. For additional information, please contact the Employment Office at (714) 560-5600.