Move your career through a paid summer internship at an accountable, transparent, and fun public agency that delivers on its promises. At the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) in California, we’re improving freeways, building a new streetcar, and driving many multimodal transportation projects. You’ll gain professional training and career mentoring from top talent in the industry. Come to Orange County this summer and be part of our team!
Join our team and help us work on projects like employee and community preparedness, grant funded projects, training in disaster response and recovery, as well as mitigation analysis and planning. Ideal candidates will have experience with Microsoft Office suite, be comfortable talking in front of people and good communication skills.
– 10-week, paid internship
– $15 – $18 per hour
– 36-40 hour work weeks
– Work in the Security and Emergency Preparedness department of the Chief Executive Office Division
– Located in Orange County, California
– Professional development trainings
– Flexible start/end date
- Craft articles, email announcements and internal marketing copy.
- Build PowerPoint presentations.
- Prefer experience and knowledge of communication tools such as Photoshop, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Create and maintain Sharepoint and internet sites
- Create a library of SEP content/information in a variety of formats including newsletter articles, eblasts, graphics, digital display material, etc.
- Assists in the coordination, inventory, and maintenance of equipment and materials for the department.
- Assist in delivery of training to employees in emergency preparedness.
- Research employee engagement programs to increase individual preparedness.
- Assist in the exercise design process.
Education and Pay
Pay is determined by level of education.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree: $15/hour
– College students must be enrolled full-time in a two or four-year college program, at an accredited college or university, and follow a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Recent Graduate: $16/hour
– Students that graduate with their bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021, are eligible.
Pursuing a Master’s Degree: $18/hour
– College students enrolled full time and pursing a master’s degree from an accredited college.
Application and Selection Process:
This position will remain open until filled. For further information about this exciting career opportunity and to apply online, please visit our website at https://careers.octa.net/octa-careers/jobs/2608?lang=en-us. We are unable to accept resumes in lieu of an online application. OCTA does not sponsor H1B or other work visas. For additional information, please contact the Employment Office at (714) 560-5600.